In central New Jersey, winter never quite got here. The weather has been unusually warm. It hasn’t rained much here in Somerset County. As they say, April Showers Bring May Flowers, it also means the beginning of the Spring Real Estate market. As a professional Realtor, I am seeing more and more people looking at houses due to the good weather. If you are considering having an open house, here are some tips for making it a success.
- Consider printing flyers. Distribute them to your neighbors, a few days before your open house, or even posting it at your local grocery store. You would be surprised how often your neighbors might know someone looking to move into your great neighborhood.
- You may want to run an ad in your local newspaper. The large Real Estate offices, such as Coldwell Banker, Century 21 and others, run their ads in the newspapers; yours could be next to theirs so you get added publicity.
- Put open house signs up, directing them to your home. You may find these signs in Home Depot or Lowes, or even a local hardware store.
- Another way to grab attention is to go to your local dollar store and pick up a bunch of balloons and attach them to your directional signs.
- Post your Open House on the internet sites, such as Craigslist, Trulia, and Zillow. Be sure to add the directions and the hours in your ads. These are free sites.
If you would like more tips on how to get people to your open house, give me a call at (908)-930-2408 or email me at email@example.com.